Myanmar is a place where people go to spend time with their loved one, most of the time it is hard for people when they are going to a foreign country. When it comes to local cities, then we can get many relatives or friends who might have visited the place. Coming to a foreign country, most of the times we don’t know anyone who might have visited the place, so it becomes kind of difficult to setup an itinerary without actually consulting a renowned tourism agency. Such travel agency then charges you for something which today we are going to give you for free.
Let us have a look at a sample itinerary which you can follow with some of the changes which you would like to have. But overall it can give you a base on which you can edit and get the best one for you.
2 Weeks Itinerary for Myanmar
- 2 Nights stay at Yangon: – This place was the capital of Myanmar until 2005. This is one of the major hubs of business and travel of the country. As this is the main entry point in the country hence, you must stay at the place for two nights and spend time doing some sightseeing and enjoying the landmarks.
- 1 Night at Kinpun: – You must have read about the golden rock, and it is one of the best places you must visit in Myanmar. Hence staying a night at the place is also compulsory so you can enjoy the place by having a beautiful 4-hour trek to reach the area and even some other places around it.
- 3 Nights at Mandalay:- The center of the country needs to have the longest stay for a reason. This city is the largest town in the country. There are places such as Royal Palace, Mandalay Hill, Maha Myat Muni Paya, and many other small places which you must visit for sure. Hence a lovely three-night stay is necessary.
- Another 3 Nights at Bagan: – Here you will be getting some knowledge about the history of Myanmar. The place is located on the bank of the Ayeyarwady River and has much religious structure. There are many architectural sites. Hence at least two days are necessary for you to explore the place to its fullest.
- Stop at Mount Popa: – This is a great place to visit but doesn’t need a whole day or a stay at a nearby place, you can simply take a detour and visit the place, you have just to have a nice climb of around 777 steps. Which you can just do in a small detour of around 4 – 5hrs.
- 2 Nights at Kalaw: – This is a small hill station in Myanmar. Tourists love this place, and after Yangon, this is the only place where people die to come. Here you will get some spectacular landscape views and some places to trek.
- 2 Night stay at Inle Lake:- Here you are going to get some of the best free houses which you can enjoy the view with. You can see some local fisher catching fishes, and selling at the nearby shops. There are even some excellent hiking points for you around the lake.
- 1 Night again at Yangon: – Till now you have covered all the major places of Myanmar, and this is the place from where you will be having your flight to your home hence it is entirely necessary to come to Yangon and take a night rest after Inle Lake.
These are some of the places which you can plan your trip around; this is a whole 15 days and 14 night’s tour itinerary. You can either follow this or can go ahead and research about more places and change the plan, do keep in mind to add up the traveling time if you modify the location in the itinerary above. Also keeps in mind about the different mode of transfer you will have to use while traveling. If you are going to use the above plan then you must surely book your hotel rooms, because in rush time you might have issues in finding good hotel rooms for stay.
Get your holiday in Myanmar :
Email : [email protected]
Website : www.indochinatravelpackages.com